Behind the brand
Adam & Neve is an up and coming clothing brand that combines playful graphics, comical designs and vibrant colours. With collections ranging from music to vegetables, once you buy one design, you’ll want them all.
Who are Adam and Neve?
Adam Holdsworth is a Commercial Music Graduate originally from Essex. He is a composer and singer/songwriter who plays the saxophone and loves photography and videography. He's passionate about hummus, sausage dogs and wine.
When he has his business head-on, Adam is the visual editor and graphic artist as well as customer support and garment finishing assistant.
Niamh Jones, who just graduated Commercial Music at Bath Spa University is best described as a singer-songwriter who's addicted to cups of tea, vintage shopping and plants.
In the business, Niamh is the concept designer, accountant, social media representative and assists with garment finishing.
When setting up this company, we wanted to make it as creative and environmentally friendly as we could with the things that were available to us. We decided that all our tags would be sourced from off-cuts from our local fabric shop. This means every clothing comes with a different shaped, coloured and fabric tag; making it both a unique and sustainable way to label our clothing.
As a Company run by two young people, one of our absolute main priorities for this business was for it to be as ethical as we could make it. We are not the perfect company but we are learning and getting better and as we grow we want to implement, change and improve out company and brand to become better.
There are many things that we make sure is always 100% met by the people and suppliers that we work with.
1. Materials used are organic, or grown safely and environmentally friendly, or can be recycled.
2. All companies and Suppliers we work with have ethical measures put in place within every aspect of their business and factories - including pay and safety.
3. Dyes are all non-toxic and environmentally friendly - ensuring they are within a closed loop process and/or are not leaked into local water supply.
4. All Packaging used by us is environmentally friendly, either by it being recycled/recyclable or can be composted.
5. Carbon Neutral suppliers are used as well as enforcing we offset our own carbon footprint created with postage.
6. Our suppliers have Oeko-Tex Standard 100 and WRAP (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production) certificates as well as being a member of AMFORI
There is always more that you can do to improve.
We are an extremely hands on business - we wanted to be as involved as possible when it came down to every aspect as well as having that personal unique touch for every single order.
1. we draw and design every single item.
2. We are a two person band- we do everything ourselves (accounting, design, website, tech)
3. we hand make each and every our tag.
4. we sew in every label.
5. we package and post every parcel by hand.
6. we hand write every note that comes within a parcel.
7. we hand tie-dye, wash and quality check each item.