BEHIND THE BRAND
Adam & Neve is a clothing brand that combines playful graphics, comical designs and vibrant colours for wonderful people.
At the heart of our brand is ethical and eco-friendly practices and all things body positive and inclusive.
WHO ARE WE?
Adam Holdsworth is a Commercial Music Graduate originally from Essex. He is a composer and singer/songwriter who plays the saxophone and loves photography and videography. He's passionate about hummus, sausage dogs and wine.
When he has his business head-on, Adam is the visual editor and graphic artist as well as customer support. He also embroiders the smaller designs.
Niamh Jones, who just graduated Commercial Music at Bath Spa University is best described as a singer-songwriter who's addicted to cups of tea, vintage shopping and plants.
In the business, Niamh is the concept designer, accountant, social media representative and handles the garment finishing like labels and tags.
When setting up this company, we wanted to make it as creative and environmentally friendly as we could with the things that were available to us. We decided that all our tags would be sourced from off-cuts from our local fabric shop. This means every clothing comes with a different shaped and coloured fabric tag; making it both a unique and sustainable way to label our clothing.
As a company run by two young people, one of our absolute main priorities for this business was for it to be as ethical as possible.
1. All our materials used are organic, grown safely, environmentally friendly, or can be recycled.
2. All companies and suppliers we work with have ethical measures put in place including medical care, transport, fair wages and lunches for workers.
3. The dyes used are all non-toxic and environmentally friendly
4. All packaging used by us is environmentally friendly and is either recycled/recyclable or can be composted.
5. We use carbon-neutral suppliers are well as offseting our own carbon footprint.
6. Our suppliers have Oeko-Tex Standard 100 and WRAP (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production) certificates as well as being a member of AMFORI
We are an extremely hands-on business - we want to be as involved as possible in every aspect enjoy adding personal touches to every single order.
1. we draw and design every item by hand.
2. We are a two-person band- we do everything ourselves (accounting, design, website, tech)
3. we hand make each and every tag and sew in every label.
5. we post and package all parcels by hand.
6. We hand print, dye, wash and quality check each item.